Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Skunk Fu!


I've just finished my first TV series!

In one way I'm sad that Skunk is wrapped, but in another I'm delighted that I had the oportunity to work on a TV series that has been sold all over the world with such a talented crew.

I started on Skunk Fu! in March 2006 as assistant editor to Joe Fitzpatrick. I really had no idea what was involved in editing animation. I thought I knew - but I hadn't a clue! In the last year and a half I have learned so much about editing, working with Flash animation, broadcast standards and a whole lot more, but my most important lesson was don't work with Avid Xpress Pro unless you really have to.... he he he

Skunk Fu! is due to be broadcast in the US in the coming months on Kids WB and is currently being aired on the BBC and ABC Australia (I'm sure it's on in other countries now as well).

Check out the website - www.skunkfu.tv

I have the Skunk Fu! promo clip on my website - www.alanslattery.com

1 comment:

SkintArt said...

i hear you on the Avid comment lad. All the suites in college are Avid and it breaks my heart when i try to apply some FCP knowledge. I certainly would not jump ship to it. Have to cut on it over the next couple of weeks.